Israeli Family-Law Forum - Druze

Below are readers' questions about 'Druze', which we have chosen to answer. Further and more detailed information on Israeli family law issues that relate to Druze is found on our main site. To obtain the best results, run a search using relevant key words. Specific information regarding marriage and divorce involving Druze can be found on

In a civil wedding ceremony abroad. Civil marriage does not exist in Israel.
By the process of dissolution of marriage in Israel which applies to unions between couples of different religious affiliation.
Yes, if all the sides to the dispute are Druze, and express their consent. Otherwise, it will be dealt with in the civil system (Inheritance Registrar or the family court, depending on the circumstances).
The Druze religious court – it has exclusive jurisdiction in the matter.
Yes – if all the parties concerned give their consent, a Druze religious court has jurisdiction parallel with that of the family court to deal with inheritance, maintenance, guardianship, legal capacity of minors, adoption of minors etc.